BRIDGELAND, UT

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

SUCCESS/FAILURE ? MATURE/OLD?

I don't know where to classify myself anymore. I am 63 years old and don't know if I have been a failure or a success with my life. Sadly I am not even sure if I am mature or just plain old. I thought wisdom came with age---must have been a lie!!! Life is so difficult at times and all any of us want is some peace and happiness. It seems so unreachable most times that many people quit trying. I will always put one foot in front of the other and keep trying to find that peak. Grandpa Hanks never liked a whiner---no matter what the issue, we were told to "grab our boot straps, pull yourself up and get on with living." I have come to realize that it has to come from within---no one can give it to you. I enjoy my family and the times we have together. Being able to watch the grandkids grow up is such a blessing. The simple things are the most important-------"The rich man is not the one who has the most......but the one who needs the least." The rough times we are facing now should make us all realize that we don't need as much as we think----Time should be spent and money saved. Memories are all you have in the end and taking time is what creates them.

1 comments:

Jodie Lierd said...

Why you are a success of course! Look at all of your wonderful children.... ok maybe that wasnt a good example but in the end, I think we are all doing the best that we can.
Old isnt the word I would use either... how about WISE.


Funny One Liners at WishAFriend.com