BRIDGELAND, UT

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2013 Ends With Sorrow

On December 24th Boyd passed away here in Salt Lake. He had been up here in the Veterans Hospital for a week.  He had cancer in his liver and intestines....no hope of changing its course.  He got to see most of his grandkids and his great grandchildren the week-end before as they gave us an outlook of days and we called everyone to come and see him.  He kept his dignity, pride and humor right up to the end so he was blessed that way.  Didn't have to suffer.  It is the end of an era, a Patriarch of the family has left us.  Steve has literally lost all of his family and that is hard to work through for anyone.  The funeral turned out great I think, just grandkids telling memories of times spend with Grandpa.  Instead of a viewing the night before we had a reception of sorts for the family up at one of Boyd's friend's house with food and drinks and just visiting.  I think Boyd would have liked his send-off very much.
Needless to say Christmas spirit wasn't what it should have been this year but we tried....things like that kinda ruin the holiday.  My grandchildren continue to grow, get bigger and older and that is making me way too old.....scary!  Mom and Dad now 88 and they seem to be sliding downhill more all the time.  It is a worry and losing Boyd put them in a depression for sure.  Lots of snow on the ground here and more headed tomorrow.  Snow on ground at farm is the same as has been there for over a month, never has warmed up enough to melt any of it.  That basin is a cold place in the winter, I am getting to like the cold less and less.  I like to be WARM!  I seem to have kept myself busy the last few months of 2013 making things for Christmas and then the illness of Boyd.  In 2014 I seem to be struggling to get my balance again.  I need to get some interests and get moving forward.  Hoping 2014 will be a good year with some positive coming our way.....maybe even some answers as to what I should do when I grow up!




1 comments:

Jodie Lierd said...

He was a wonderful man and will be greatly missed!!


Funny One Liners at WishAFriend.com