BRIDGELAND, UT

Monday, May 9, 2011

Didn't want Mom to be the only one.....

I get so busy that I quite honestly forget all about this blog. I have been very busy with the new business in ND and Den's construction project in Southern Utah. I guess I shouldn't complain though....I would much rather be busy with a job then worrying because we didnt have one. Our life is very hectic and there is something going on nearly every night during the week. Garrett takes piano lessons, Weston & Braxton are in guitar lessons and they are all in scouts. I try to get as much accomplished as I can during the day before the boys get home but my little munchkin is not very much help. He thinks that he needs to be on my lap all day playing on the keyboard or drawing with the pens. He will play toys for a few minutes but then he is tearing papers out of the drawers and "unfiling" everything for me. He even tries to beat me to the fax machine and the telephone when they ring....man for such short legs that kid can run fast!! The wall at the bottom of the stairs has officially started to show damage from Brody throwing everything against it. He thinks that everything from the house, regardless where he got it, belongs in the basement. Now he has begun throwing everything off the balcony in the backyard too. It has worked out well as a big playpen for him because he cant fit through the slats and he can watch the boys play. They thought it was great too until he started throwing Den's BBQ tools down on them.
The boys are trying to decide whether or not they will play football again this year. If one plays, I would rather they all play even though it will be 3 times the running around for me. They have been wanting to race motocross more this summer but I had to remind them that we can't do that unless Dennis is around to haul the bikes and mechanic for them. They are such good boys... I give them a hard time about things but I couldnt ask for better, well mannered children.
Dennis and I went to Laughlin on a Harley trip last week and had a good time. It was nice to get away for a few days. I got to see alot of places that I have never been to before. The first day we went to Lake Havasu, which was cool. The second day we went to Oatman, Az which is an old ghost town that has wild burros roaming the streets. It is a very popular tourist attraction and is on historic Route 66. After Oatman we went to Kingman and had dinner with Dennis' dad and step mother. The wind had been blowing horribly the whole time we were there and although it was 85-90 degrees standing still, it felt like 20 on the bike. Dennis just got new tanks and paint job so the windshield it used to have wouldnt fit anymore. I had no idea that it actually made a difference until we rode without one. I got pretty scared a few times because going 70 on the interstate when you can feel the bike moving around in the wind is NOT FUN!! At least not for a scaredy cat like me!


Not only were these 2 born on the same day but only 1 minute apart!


What a nerd!!


The boys after the balloon lady at Tepanyaki tied them together


One of the burros


Sean, Carrie, Den & Me in Oatman

0 comments:


Funny One Liners at WishAFriend.com